With amino acid, L-phenylalanine and vitamin B complex
Phospholipids help to improve memory. *
Phospholipids are essential components of cell membranes.The membranes of neurons in the brain are composed of phospholipids, mainly:phosphatidycholine (PC), phosphatidylethanolamine (PE), phosphatidylserine (PS) and phosphatidylinositol (PI), as well as unsaturated fatty acids such as DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), linoleic acid and linolenic acid.These phospholipids constitute one of the physiochemical properties of the membrane and contribute to the conformation and functioning of membrane proteins.They also participate as precursors of prostaglandins and other signal molecules (messages transmitted by the brain).One of the main sources for supplementing phospholipids is deoiled soy lecithin (without oil) since it has high concentrations of PC, PE, PI and to a lesser extent PS, as well as linoleic and linolenic acids.
Contents per capsule
L-phenylalanine (Amino acid) .. 300mg
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) ……….. 1.2mg
Vitamin B6 ………………….…. 1.3mg
Folic acid ………………………. 240µg
Vitamin B12 …………………… 1.2µg
1 CAPSULE DAILY PROVIDES
- 145mg Phospholipids Typical percentage breakdown of phospholipids in deoiled lecithin:
Phosphatidycholine (PC) 20-26%
phosphatidylethanolamine (PE) 17-22%
phosphatidylinositol (PI) 12-18%
Phosphatidic acid (PA) 4-7%
Lysophosphatidylcholine (LPC) 4%
Phosphatidylserine (PS) 1-2% Linoleic acid and Linolenic acid 31-34%
- 300mg L-Phenylalanine (Amino acid)
- 100% RDI of Vitamin B1
- 100% RDI of Vitamin B6
- 100% RDI of Folic Acid
- 50% RDI of Vitamin B12
RDI = Recommended Daily Intake
The neuronal membrane is composed of phospholipids that act as messengers in the transmission of signals and as neurotransmitter precursors.Phosphatidylserine has been shown to benefit young people under mental and/or physical stress.Phosphatidylserine supplementation has been studied specifically in young healthy students, and was shown to bring about improved mental clarity and a feeling of increased energy, calmness and confidence. Their mental stress was induced by having to perform a challenging mathematical task.Studies show that phosphatidycholine and phosphatidylserine boost the brain functions that decrease with age, particularly cognitive functions in older people with memory problems.Age-related memory impairment is a progressive and physiologically normal problem that affects practically all human beings.It is known that with aging, changes occur in the composition of the lipids in brain cells, and it can be assumed that memory loss and a reduced capacity to learn are the consequences of a reduced amount of phosphatidycholine and/or polyunsaturated fatty acids in brain tissue.Scientific research exists showing that phosphatidycholine may improve learning, memory skills and alleviate cognitive disorders.Other studies regarding phosphatidylserine indicate that it is able to revitalize memory, learning, concentration and vocabulary skills.It has also been shown that phosphatidycholine supplementation promotes healthy cholesterol levels, helps with liver and brain functions and, due to the essential nutrient choline—which represents approximately 15% of the phosphatidycholine—may also boost athletic endurance.The concentration of free choline may influence the synthesis of acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter that induces muscular contraction. And, since strenuous exercise reduces free choline, intense physically intense activity could reduce acetylcholine and affect athletic performance and endurance.This is why Phospholipid supplementation before physical activity may prevent a drop in choline, which could improve performance.Furthermore, the essential amino acid phenylalanine is a neurotransmitter precursor, and the vitamin B complex helps reduce homocysteine, which is negatively associated with overall cognitive performance and memory.
Boxes of 30 and 60 capsules, and blister packs with 10 capsules.
1 capsule daily.
Phenylketonurics:Contains phenylalanine.Contains soy derivatives.Please consult your physician before consuming this product.Not to be used during pregnancy and nursing. Not to be used by children.Keep this and all medicines out of reach of children.
Store is a dry place at room temperature.
• Health Effects of Dietary Phospholipids – Daniela Küllenberg, Tumor Biology Center, Dept. of Clinical Research, Freiburg, Germany – 2012.
• Phospholipids and Sports Performance – Ralf Jäger - Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition - 2007.
• Nutritional Deficiencies and Phospholipid Metabolism – María Gimenez – Department of Biochemistry and Biological Sciences, Faculty of Chemistry, Biochemistry and Pharmacy, National University of San Luis, Argentina - 2011.
• The Effect of Soybean-derived Phosphatidylserine on Cognitive Memory Complaints: a pilot study – Yael Richter – Enzymotec Ltd, K’far Baruch, Israel – 2013.
• A Randomized Controlled Trial Investigating The Neurocognitive Effects of Lacprodan® PL-20, a Phospholipid-rich Milk Protein Concentrate, in Elderly Participants with Age-associated Memory Impairment: The Phospholipid Intervention for Cognitive Ageing Reversal (PLICAR): Study Protocol for a Randomized Controlled Trial – Andrew B Scholey – Centre for Human Psycopharmacology, Swinburne University of technology, Melburne, Australia – 2013.
• PDR for Nutritional Supplements 2nd Edition. Page 363
• Protocol for Project FACT: a randomized controlled trial on the effect of a walking program and vitamin B supplementation on the rate of cognitive decline and psychosocial wellbeing in older adults with mild cognitive impairment – Jannique GZ Van Uffelen – University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands – 2005.
* According to research indicating an improvement in mental clarity.
Additional information.The contents of this guide are based on information available in the international scientific literature.Reserved for professional use only.Use for advertising purposes is prohibited.Dietary supplement.Supplements insufficient diets. Consult your physician and/or pharmacist.
With amino acid, L-phenylalanine and vitamin B complex