Vicious Circle of Stress
Feelings of anxiety and the demands of modern life can interfere with our ability to perform our regular activities during the day and disrupt our normal sleep cycle at night.Daily stress along with a poor night's sleep can lead to fatigue and loss of appetite the next day.Under these conditions, our ability to think, react, work, learn and even get along with others can be affected.Getting less than 6 hours of sleep per night for 4 or more consecutive nights has been shown to adversely affect many biological functions related to cognitive performance, mood, glucose metabolism, appetite regulation and the immune system.Given this evidence, a minimum of 8 hours’ sleep per night is recommended for adults in order to avoid neurobehavioral deficits.
5-HTP is a precursor amino acid in the biosynthesis of serotonin and melatonin via enzymatic cofactors.Vitamin B6 is necessary for serotonin synthesis via 5-HTP, and folic acid, pantothenic acid and vitamin B12 are necessary to produce melatonin. A wide variety of studies on 5-hydroxytryptophan demonstrate its effectiveness as a precursor of serotonin and an aid for regulating sleep, reducing anxiety and improving one's mood, among other benefits.
Serotonin is an important neurotransmitter related mainly to regulating mood, anxiety and other cognitive functions such as memory and learning.Melatonin, on the other hand, is a hormone that carries out an important role in regulating sleep (sleep-wake cycle).Relax 24 hrs’ intelligent formula contains 5-HTTP, which is found in both Relax Day and Relax Night; however, the remaining ingredients in both formulas cause this amino acid to behave differently.In both cases, vitamin B6 promotes the biosynthesis of serotonin, which helps reduce anxiety, thus making it easier to relax and feel better; Relax Night, however, provides the cofactors necessary to promote melatonin synthesis and improve sleep regulation at night.
Theanine is an amino acid found naturally in green tea leaves (Camellia sinensis), representing 1% to 2% of its dry weight.Evidence taken from electroencephalograms show that this component acts directly on the human brain.Theanine significantly increases the brain's alpha-wave activity, which indicates that it helps the mind relax without causing drowsiness.Therefore, this ingredient is only found in the Relax Day formula.This amino acid has shownincreased activity in persons that generally have high levels of anxiety.When administered, Theanine has also shown its ability to modify the concentration of certain neurotransmitters, a mechanism that could act to alter one’s mood, thus creating a sensation of relaxation and well-being without interfering with cognitive abilities, especially in individuals with high levels of stress.This also helps with memory and learning.
Valerian root is traditionally used for its ability to help induce sleep, which comes from its chemical composition.Studies show that it helps to increase the quantity and quality of sleep.Valerian is also used for cases of anxiety without creating a dependency, producing morning lethargy or altering one’s reflexes.This ingredient is contained only in the Relax Night formula.
Information for use
Suggested daily intake:1 orange-colored capsule, preferably with breakfast or lunch.
Exceeds the recommended daily intake for vitamin B6.
Suggested daily intake:1 blue-colored capsule before sleeping, preferably after dinner.
Exceeds the recommended daily intake for folic acid and vitamins B6 and B12.
Relax Day: Box of 20 capsules, and blister packs with 10 capsules.
Relax Night: Box of 20 capsules, and blister packs with 10 capsules.
RELAX 24hrs: Box with 10 capsules of Relax Day and 10 capsules of Relax Night.
Total contents of Relax Day and Relax Night capsules: 400 mg each.
Please consult your physician before consuming this product.
Not to be used during pregnancy and nursing. Not to be used by children.
Keep this and all medicines out of reach of children.
Store is a dry place at room temperature.
· Sleep in Elite Athletes and Nutritional Interventions to Enhance Sleep – Shona L. Halson –AIS Performance Recovery, Australian Institute of Sport, Australia - 2014.
· Dietary Supplements 4thEd. - Pamela Mason – Pages271, 272, 325 to328
· PDR for Nutritional Supplements 2nd Ed. – Pages 1 to 4, 365 to 367.
· 5-Hydroxytryptophan: A Clinically-Effective Serotonin Precursor – Timothy C. Birdsall – AMR, Vol.3 No.4, 1998.
· 5-HTP The Natural Alternative to Prozac – J. Morgenthaler et.al – California, USA – 1998.
· 5-HTP The Natural Serotonin Solution – R. A. Passwater et.al – Los Angeles, USA – 1998.
· Tea and Tea Products, Chemistry and Health-Promoting Properties – Chi-Tang Ho et.al – Pages 261 to 265.
· Psychological effects of dietary components of tea: caffeine and L-theanine – J. Bryan – Nutrition Reviews Vol. 66(2):82-90.
· L-theanine, a natural constituent in tea, and its effect on mental state – A. Nobre et. al – Dep. of Experimental Psychology, Oxford University, UK – 2008.
· Effects of L-theanine or caffeine intake on changes in blood pressure under physical and psychological stresses.
· Tratado de Fitofármacos y Nutracéuticos – J. Alonso – 2007- Pages1016 to 1023.unctional ingredients